What is Disability Hub Europe?
"Disability Hub Europe for Sustainable Growth and Social Innovation” (Disability Hub Europe) is a European initiative led by Fundación ONCE, operating until 2020. The project is carried out within the framework of the “Spanish Operational Programme on Social Inclusion and Social Economy 2014-2020”, as a Transnational Cooperation action, co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
Disability Hub Europe is built upon the experience of the European Network for Corporate Social Responsibility and Disability (CSR+D), led by Fundación ONCE between 2009 and 2015, also with the co-funding of the ESF.
Disability Hub Europe (DHub) is a multi-stakeholder engagement initiative aimed at building a reference space for best practice exchange, dissemination, mutual learning and raising awareness on the binomial Disability and Sustainability.
What is DHub mission?
The final goal of DHub is to foster social and labour inclusion of people with disabilities in Europe while promoting inclusive and sustainable businesses.
DHub is aligned with the Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (in which the topic of disability is present)
What are Dhub broad objectives?
- To foster best practices exchange and mutual learning, giving a space of visibility at EU level to reference companies and organizations.
- To generate and share knowledge, instruments, analysis, and methodologies.
- To improve the disability dimension in relevant sustainability, CSR, Diversity, Human Rights and related political and business agendas.
- To enhance the disability perspective in the social entrepreneurship ecosystem and in social innovation.
In which topics is DHub focused?
- Employment of people with disabilities.
- Inclusive workplaces.
- Innovation and accessibility of products, services and environments.
- Procurement and supply chain including the disability and accessibility aspects.
- Non-financial reporting, taking into account the issue of disability.
- Sustainable finance, considering disability.
- Stakeholder engagement, involving people with disabilities.
- Social entrepreneurship, social innovation and disability.
DHub "360º approach"
Disability Hub Europe has a 360º approach since it aims to foster people with disabilities´ inclusion as employees, as consumers, as suppliers, as employers and as part of the community.
Differentiating features of DHub
- Focus on Sustainability
- EU supported (European Social Fund)
- Multi-stakeholder nature
- Collaborative - developed with the joint action of Dhub partners
- "Disability 360º approach" and focus on the whole value chain
Dhub counts with a Technical Secretariat located in Madrid that can be contacted here:
DHub is also aligned with…
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - ratified by the EU itself and all the EU countries . Open in a new window
- The European Disability Strategy 2010-2020 . Open in a new window
- The EU 2020 Strategy for sustainable, smart and inclusive growth . Open in a new window
- The 2011 EU Strategy on CSR EU. Open in a new window and Reflections towards a Sustainable Europe by 2030 (PDF). Open in a new window