What is Disability Hub Europe?
"Disability Hub Europe for Sustainable Growth and Social Innovation” (Disability Hub Europe, D-Hub) is a multi-stakeholder engagement initiative aimed at building a reference space for best practice exchange, dissemination, mutual learning and raising awareness on the binomial Disability and Sustainability, with a special focus on the “S” of ESG factors
Led by Fundación ONCE, the project is carried out within the framework of the “Spanish Operational Programme on Social Inclusion and Social Economy 2014-2020”, as a Transnational Cooperation action, co-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF).
Since we started our activity in 2018, we have worked in different areas and topics. Now, our focus is being enriched by the inclusion of new lines linked to the opportunities presented by climate action and just transition.
The final goal of D-Hub is to foster social and labour inclusion of people with disabilities in Europe while promoting inclusive and sustainable business in a just transition context.
Four objectives under a 360º approach
- Foster best practices exchange and mutual learning, giving a space of visibility at EU level to reference companies and organizations.
- Generate and share knowledge, instruments, analysis, and methodologies
- Improve the disability dimension in relevant sustainability, CSR, diversity, human rights, just transition and related political and business agendas.
- Promote the disability perspective in policies and actions related to climate emergency and just transition.
People with disabilities are stakeholders from a broad perspective, playing different roles in relation to business.
D-Hub is aligned with the following initiatives
- The Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - ratified by the EU itself, all the EU countries (and 185 countries worldwide).
- The EU new Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
- The EU Sustainability Reporting Standards developed by EFRAG.
- The EU proposal for a Social Taxonomy.
- The European Green Deal and Just Transition efforts
- The European Strategy for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2021-2030
- The EU Directive 2019/882 on the accessibility requirements for products and services.
- The European Pillar of Social Rights (EPSR).