The landscape of sustainability reporting is rapidly evolving at both the European and global level. As we make the critical transition to a low carbon economy, the social dimension of sustainability has emerged as a pivotal yet often overlooked concern. These shifts are driving the sustainability agenda, making it of central importance in the next generation of reporting standards. The EU's new Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) and the European Sustainability Reporting Standards (ESRS) are placing increasing attention on vital social and human rights issues. Among them, a new element emerges: employment and inclusion of persons with disabilities, a population representing 1 billion people worldwide and over 100 million people in the EU.
In a context interconnected with the 2030 Agenda and as we celebrate the 8th anniversary of the Sustainable Development Goals, this year we find ourselves halfway towards the set date to change our world. Seizing this special occasion, presented by GRI and Fundación ONCE, under the esteemed framework of the Disability Hub Europe initiative co-funded by the European Social Fund, this webinar aims to emphasize the pivotal role of Sustainability Reporting in advancing inclusive business practices. Special focus will be placed on disability-related content as an integral component of sustainability's social dimension. It will focus on how different stakeholders can contribute to more disability-inclusive business practices as well as to a more inclusive economy, in a context of important transformations including digitalization and the green transition, which must also be a “just transition”.
- Fernando Riaño, Institutional Relations and Sustainability Director, ONCE Social Group
- Harold Pauwels, Director Standards, GRI
- Pascal Durand (S&D) – Rapporteur, European Parliament
- Gemma Sanchez Danes, EFRAG Central PMO lead
- Peter Paul van de Wijs, Chief Policy Officer, GRI
- Luisa Boaretto, Regional Inclusion & Employee Experience Leader EMEAI, Dow
- Anahi Lafon, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Impact Director, L’Oréal
- Neil Milliken, VP - Global Head of Accessibility & Digital Inclusion at Atos, Chair ILO Global Business and Disability Network
- Alejandro Moledo, Deputy Director at European Disability Forum
- Inmaculada Placencia, European Commission (DG EMPL)
Moderated by Disability Hub Europe, Charles Castro, Technical Secretariat
- Maria Tussy, Director European Programs, Fundación ONCE
- Carla Bonino, Sustainability Chief, Fundación ONCE
- Businesses, with a special focus on Sustainability/CSR + Diversity and Inclusion Managers
- Academia and experts on Sustainability/CSR and non-financial reporting.
- Public institutions regulating sustainability reporting and/or developing employment and social inclusion policies.
- Civil society organizations